Here’s a breakdown of tax changes for those running a creative business, from Minerva Financial Art’s blog. Elaine Luttrull provides a comprehensive summary of the updates you can expect for individual and business taxes, pointing out some that may work in your favor.
It’s a daunting topic, but the bottom line, as Elaine points out, is: “It’s going to be okay. You will still make great work. Your voice will still be heard. Things might be a little complicated in the near future (and beyond), but you’ve been dealing with complications since the beginning of time. A little tax hiccup isn’t going to stop you.”
There’s also a list of resources at the end of the article, for those who’d like to learn more.
- Who Defines the Professional Artist’s Career Trajectory? - February 6, 2018
- “I’m not into that finance stuff” – January 2018 Newsletter - January 31, 2018
- Salmagundi Club Welcomes CHF’s Daniel DiGriz - January 26, 2018
- CHF Panel at stARTup Art Fair - January 14, 2018
- Year-end Rewards! – December 2017 newsletter - December 28, 2017
- Upcoming Tax Changes for Creatives - December 20, 2017
- Year-end Fundraiser - December 11, 2017
- “Develop financial stability so the work can come first” – CHF interviews Kirsten Stolle - December 11, 2017
- Digital Art Market Innovations: How to Engage Online and Off - November 7, 2017
- This Is Why We Give – November 2017 newsletter - November 27, 2017