The Thriving ArtistTM podcast just passed 60,000 downloads. Wow. But before we stand on our chairs, pop the corks, and shout hurrah, let’s reflect on what that means . . .
In the past 39 months, we’ve put 69 gallerists, collectors, curators, artists and art industry professionals in front of the microphone and asked for key insights. We’ve created a learning environment in the form of a syndicated show. Some months, more than 1,850 individual artists tune in.
Yet, when we started this experiment in 2015, we weren’t even sure it would work. We had a vision of taking the classroom out of the classroom, creating ultra-portable education that’s available on any media platform, reaching artists wherever they live—from Maysville, Kentucky, to Ripon, Wisconsin, to Mystic, Connecticut. We’ve proudly done that with . . .
Some surprising results: We’ve garnered listeners on military bases whose addresses are “Armed Forces Americas,” and others who are deployed military personnel stationed at “Armed Forces Europe, Middle East, & Canada.” Those bases are full of fighting artists!
We’re picked up by American expats all over Canada, Great Britain, and Brazil. We’re reaching artists serving residencies in Japan, Australia, Sweden, and South Africa. And of course, listeners tune in from all 50 states. We all live near someone who is downloading the podcast, and . . .
It IS working: The show covers the gamut of art-business topics in key practice areas: career objectives, sales strategy, brand story, project management, professional networking, technology, financial, legal, and logistics. Like all CHF programs, regardless of the delivery method (in-person, digital, or intensive), the mission is the same—equip working artists to thrive, build their businesses, drive the economy, and fill the world with art of every kind.
We’re agnostic about breed: Abstract or realist. Oil, sculpture, or mixed-media installation work. We’re committed to the artists themselves and what a culture of commercially viable and financially successful artists means for the greatness of a nation and a people. We start each show with “Welcome to The Thriving Artist podcast,” because that’s the point—when artists thrive, we all reap the rewards.
So here’s our ask: The best thing you can do for the show is actually subscribe to it—not just this email list—so that you know about every episode. Don’t just check in on it now and again, or wait until we call out a particular episode. Important discussions are happening a couple of times per month, so don’t miss them.
You can subscribe on iTunes, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, your Android phone, and a number of other platforms. Just visit the show page for a list. If you’ve already subscribed, then forward this to a friend who should be. When listeners tune in, it creates the conditions for more shows, the best shows, and the continuation of the work we now celebrate.
OK, pop the corks! Strike up the band. Let there be dancing. We just passed 60K, and the cake won’t hold all the candles!
- Make the Gig Economy Work for You—Angela Heath - January 23, 2019
- Getting to Emerging Artist Status and Beyond—Bonnie Clearwater - January 11, 2019
- We’ve Built a Learning Community for Artist-Entrepreneurs - December 15, 2018
- CHF Announces 16 Artist Fellows 2019 Art-Business Accelerator - December 12, 2018
- Leverage Your Non-Art Expertise for a Career Blueprint—Kristin LeVier - December 4, 2018
- Break Down Your Business Goals into Actionable Steps - December 3, 2018
- The Thriving Artist™ Podcast is a Portable Business Education - November 24, 2018
- The CHF “Road Show”: Coming to a City Near You - November 15, 2018
- CHF Announces Art-Business Conference in the Washington DC Metro Area - November 13, 2018
- Getting Art Into Hotels and Corporate Spaces—Rachel Berg - November 7, 2018