In this brief clip, David Faux of the Law Office of David H. Faux P.C. advises artists to understand their legal rights regarding copyright and contracts. He notes that artists were trained to hone their craft, often neglecting the business side of their work. Yet, to be successful, artists must recognize that protecting their rights may hold significance on their career and artistic legacy.
Click here or on the image below to watch!
This excerpt is from a larger art law panel entitled “Legal Issues for Artists and Patrons: Arts Lawyers Address Questions of Vital Interest to Arts Professionals,” presented by the Salmagundi Club and made available by the Clark Hulings Fund For Visual Artists. For access to the full discussion, please click here.
Finding This Valuable?
Bring more with a gift of any amount. Even small ones help.
- Santa Fe Art Business Summit - January 23, 2017
- Accelerating the Business of Art - December 20, 2016
- Prince: Trailblazer for Artistic Control - April 26, 2016
- Auction Houses: the New Art Business - February 19, 2016
- Estate Planning for Art Collectors - February 18, 2016
- Commissioning Artwork: A Curator’s Perspective - February 18, 2016
- Collecting Relationships - February 18, 2016
- Forecasting a Brighter Future for Artists - January 12, 2016
- Working with Galleries - December 16, 2015
- Building Your Brand and Reputation - December 16, 2015