Highlights: CHF has had an amazing year. Because we have always been virtual, we are uniquely qualified to help artists and arts organizations pivot and thrive during the pandemic.
- Organizational Collaboration: Artspan, Cornerstones, The Heard Museum Guild, Naples Art Association, Southwest Association of Indian Arts (SWAIA).
- Virtualize Your Art Career Conference—Thriving in “The New Normal”: participants from 20 states, 3 countries, 14 sessions, 10 sponsors, 18 speakers.
- Art-Business Accelerator: 58 Fellows and counting. 4 Executive Fellows working on pivotal projects: Manuelita Brown, Steven Lester, Robin Holder, and Tim Saternow.
- Digital Campus: Major upgrade to our online learning platform to make it faster, easier to navigate, and more fun: 93 art business courses, 1,000 members.
- Brown Bag Lunch & Thriving TuesdaysTM: monthly virtual event programming featuring peer networking and content-specific education at no charge to the artists.
- The Thriving ArtistTM Podcast: Listeners in 50 states, 137 countries, 148,000 downloads. Featured on all podcast platforms: Apple, Stitcher, iHeart, Spotify, Google.
- Hulings’ Legacy: James D. Balestrieri is writing a major monograph: Clark Hulings: Quantum Realist to be published in 2022 as part of the centennial celebration of Hulings’ birth.
Highlights: CHF is unlocking the staggering potential of a world driven by creativity and connection—a world led by artists and innovators.
- Report on the Working Artist: ROWA charts the economic impact of the creative sector and proves that we are meeting artists’ need for entrepreneurial training.
- Art-Business Accelerator: 13 Fellows graduated in 2019, bringing the grand total to 58. 73% increased their income from selling art, and 67% increased prices or profit margin.
- Boots on the Ground Events: Ft. Lauderdale, Santa Fe, Rockville, and Stafford County workshops doubled the number of artists who received entrepreneurial education. Artists and industry professionals connected in Thriving Art Exchange events.
- Digital Campus: With options from online marketing courses, to a Q&A with an art publisher, to networking with other artists, we doubled the number of members and grew our audience by 20%.
- The Thriving ArtistTM Podcast: Host Daniel DiGriz’s interviews attracted a global audience, saw a 15% increase in downloads, and earned us a spot in iHeartRadio’s “Top 10 Podcasts to Inspire Artists.”
Highlights: No matter how you slice the numbers, CHF’s impact has grown exponentially, helping artists boost their businesses.
- Art-Business Accelerator: By the end of 2018, ALL of the artists in our Art-Business Accelerator were clear about their career objectives; 75% increased their total income from making and selling art; and 85% now consider their art business their primary income source.
- Boots-on-the-Ground Events: We delivered face-to-face events in four different time zones, offering our business-development workshops to artists in Santa Fe and Dallas, and teaming up with partners in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Miami.
- Digital Campus: In one year, we’ve doubled our online audience AND the total number of registered members in our Thriving Art Exchange.
- The Thriving ArtistTM: Our syndicated podcast became available on six times more platforms than in 2017, and the number of downloads grew by nearly 90%.
- 18 artists graduated from our Business Accelerator, with immediate increases in income and the implementation of new skills
- 54,000 pages of our Digital Learning Portal were viewed by 15,000 unique visitors
- 150 artists received training at our live events
- The Thriving Artist podcast reached 30,000 downloads---a three-fold increase in listenership
- CHF produced 244 new educational resources
- There was an 11% increase in Fellows earning more than 50% of their income from their art businesses
- The Artist Federation launched five provisional chapters
- New collaborations were developed with over 35 organizations
- Our programs and artists received national press coverage
- Our Foot on the Accelerator: Major expansion in our Business Accelerator Program and the naming of 20 new Fellows for 2017
- Our Artists in Action: Tracking the work of past Fellows and the career successes we helped to fund
- Expanding Our Scope: Support for photographers through our new Pensinger Photography Fund
- Growing Our Online Library: More than 100 new educational resources created in one year
- 2016 By the Numbers: Triple-digit growth in the reach of our content, plus nearly double the number of Fellows served
- Extraordinary Support: Acknowledging the contributions of CHF's remarkable allies, including a unique artistic collaboration with a world-class sculptor, a $1 million gift to fund our expansion, and the unflagging support of leading art-industry experts
- Financials: Revenue and expenses
- Project Grants Awarded: Featuring our 2015 recipients and their upcoming shows
- Podcast Debut: The launch our educational interview series on the business of art
- Free Event Content: A roundup of last year's insightful panel discussions (all available on this site)
- 2015 By the Numbers: A snapshot of how we've doubled the number of grant applicants, expanded our e-learning portal exponentially, and grown our audience
- Our Grant Review Panel: Heartfelt appreciation for the generous artists and board members who've shared their time and expertise
- Collector Salon: Bringing great art out of hiding, to be seen and loved
- Financials: Expenses and revenue