Being serious about your business as an artist is more than paperwork; it’s also mindset. Bette is a working artist, gallery owner, graphic designer, and author of the best-selling book: Talent is Just the Beginning – An Artists’ Guide to Marketing in the 21st Century. Sue is Vice President for marketing for the Messenger Art Collection, one of the largest, most diverse private collections in the U.S.
Together, Bette and Sue are based in Santa Fe, NM, and run Ridgeway and Roderick Art Services, which provides hands-on career evaluation and marketing to artists, galleries, and collectors. Bette and Sue delve into three key imperatives for the working artist.
Take Your Art Seriously As a Business
- Hobby vs. Business: What Art Has in Common With Every Other Enterprise
- The Importance of a Stunning Website to Catch Collectors’ Eyes
- The Minimum of 20+ Pieces and the Collateral Needed to Break Out
Market Yourself for the Flat World
- Develop Communities Around Your Art Practice
- Distinguish Your Appeal in a Global Search Environment
Develop A Mindset for Success
- “Collectors Are Interested in Who Did It“
- Thriving Requires: Differentiation + Promotion + Multiple Income Sources
For more information on Ridgeway and Roderick Services, visit RandRartServices.com
Finding This Valuable?
Bring more with a gift of any amount. Even small ones help.
- Sales Conversations: Don’t Fix Everything - May 16, 2019
- How to Sell More Art? An Unexpected Answer - May 12, 2019
- If You Build It, They Will Ignore It. Unless… - May 9, 2019
- What Literary Artists Can Learn from Visual Artists - April 25, 2019
- Professionals Need Not Apply—Originals Only - April 8, 2019
- CHF Panel Presents “Artists Taking Charge of Their Business” - March 21, 2019
- What Not To Do When Outsourcing Your Business - March 12, 2019
- Being My Own CEO: How I Modified My Mentality, Conversations, and Culture - March 19, 2019
- Tighten Your Sales Strategy, Then Refuse to Compromise—Donna Lee Nyzio - March 12, 2019
- The Truth and BS About Outsourcing Large Chunks of Your Business - February 23, 2019