Being serious about your business as an artist is more than paperwork; it’s also mindset. Bette is a working artist, gallery owner, graphic designer, and author of the best-selling book: Talent is Just the Beginning – An Artists’ Guide to Marketing in the 21st Century. Sue is Vice President for marketing for the Messenger Art Collection, one of the largest, most diverse private collections in the U.S.
Together, Bette and Sue are based in Santa Fe, NM, and run Ridgeway and Roderick Art Services, which provides hands-on career evaluation and marketing to artists, galleries, and collectors. Bette and Sue delve into three key imperatives for the working artist.
Take Your Art Seriously As a Business
- Hobby vs. Business: What Art Has in Common With Every Other Enterprise
- The Importance of a Stunning Website to Catch Collectors’ Eyes
- The Minimum of 20+ Pieces and the Collateral Needed to Break Out
Market Yourself for the Flat World
- Develop Communities Around Your Art Practice
- Distinguish Your Appeal in a Global Search Environment
Develop A Mindset for Success
- “Collectors Are Interested in Who Did It“
- Thriving Requires: Differentiation + Promotion + Multiple Income Sources
For more information on Ridgeway and Roderick Services, visit RandRartServices.com
Finding This Valuable?
Bring more with a gift of any amount. Even small ones help.
- Getting to Emerging Artist Status and Beyond—Bonnie Clearwater - January 11, 2019
- We’ve Built a Learning Community for Artist-Entrepreneurs - December 15, 2018
- CHF Announces 16 Artist Fellows 2019 Art-Business Accelerator - December 12, 2018
- Leverage Your Non-Art Expertise for a Career Blueprint—Kristin LeVier - December 4, 2018
- Break Down Your Business Goals into Actionable Steps - December 3, 2018
- The Thriving Artist™ Podcast is a Portable Business Education - November 24, 2018
- The CHF “Road Show”: Coming to a City Near You - November 15, 2018
- CHF Announces Art-Business Conference in the Washington DC Metro Area - November 13, 2018
- Getting Art Into Hotels and Corporate Spaces—Rachel Berg - November 7, 2018
- CHF Announces Its Art-Business Conference in Fort Lauderdale - October 26, 2018