Brandon Kralik is an internationally exhibited post-contemporary figurative painter who employs classical oil painting methods “with a current vision to create a visual mythology.” Born in the US, he has spent 13years of his 20-year career in Sweden, where he currently lives and works. His work is found in the collections of Steven Tyler, The Crown Princess of Sweden, Matthew Barzun, and Carlos Santana. He studied Fine Art at Western State College of Colorado, Art History at CUNY (Manhattan), and painted under Norwegian figurative painter Odd Nerdrum for 3 years before opening his own studio.
Brandon helps us understand how, exactly, one “makes it” in business as an artist. Topics include:
- The Tenacity of Choosing an Art Career vs. “Shadow Careers”
- What Does “Making It” Look Like?
- The Series of Affirmations That Amount to Success
- Artist As Digital Nomad!
- Contact Management As The Key To More Art Sales
- The Role Of Semantics In Describing Your Art & ‘Personal Brand’
- Thought Leadership As Networking
- Bleeding For Your Art – As A Business!
- The Critical Role Of Knowledge Transfer
- Clark Hulings and Cultural Change through Business and Beauty
- Revising the History of Art From the Road
Listen now, or download and take this 42min episode with you on your phone or mobile device. Brandon’s website, where you can find his latest work and links to Facebook and Twitter, is brandonkralik.com
If you’re an arts industry professional, collector, or business specialist, or a working artist who would like to be interviewed, visit our Teach and Learn page.
If you find this content valuable and want to foster even more material like this, even a modest donation is meaningful: click here.
Finding This Valuable?
Bring more with a gift of any amount. Even small ones help.
- Lock Down Your Rights to Your Own Art—Emily Danchuk, Esq. - February 18, 2019
- Make the Gig Economy Work for You—Angela Heath - January 23, 2019
- Getting to Emerging Artist Status and Beyond—Bonnie Clearwater - January 11, 2019
- We’ve Built a Learning Community for Artist-Entrepreneurs - December 15, 2018
- CHF Announces 16 Artist Fellows 2019 Art-Business Accelerator - December 12, 2018
- Leverage Your Non-Art Expertise for a Career Blueprint—Kristin LeVier - December 4, 2018
- Break Down Your Business Goals into Actionable Steps - December 3, 2018
- The Thriving Artist™ Podcast is a Portable Business Education - November 24, 2018
- The CHF “Road Show”: Coming to a City Near You - November 15, 2018
- CHF Announces Art-Business Conference in the Washington DC Metro Area - November 13, 2018