Judith Prowda lists terms of agreement necessary for any artist-dealer relationship. She acknowledges that clarifying these terms relating to exclusivity, payments, commissions, copyright and shipping is meant to protect the artist and their artistic legacy throughout their career. Without these essential agreement terms, artists may be leaving themselves open to relationships that are disadvantageous to their business and artwork.
Please click here or watch below:
This clip is from a larger art law panel entitled “Legal Issues for Artists and Patrons: Arts Lawyers Address Questions of Vital Interest to Arts Professionals,” presented by the Salmagundi Club and made available by the Clark Hulings Fund For Visual Artists.
Finding This Valuable?
Bring more with a gift of any amount. Even small ones help.
- Santa Fe Art Business Summit - January 23, 2017
- Accelerating the Business of Art - December 20, 2016
- Prince: Trailblazer for Artistic Control - April 26, 2016
- Auction Houses: the New Art Business - February 19, 2016
- Commissioning Artwork: A Curator’s Perspective - February 18, 2016
- Estate Planning for Art Collectors - February 18, 2016
- Collecting Relationships - February 18, 2016
- Forecasting a Brighter Future for Artists - January 12, 2016
- Working with Galleries - December 16, 2015
- Building Your Brand and Reputation - December 16, 2015