As a specialist in fiduciary responsibility at Stropheus Art Law, Richard Lehun explains the shift in professional relationships amongst those in the art market. Traditionally, artists have relied on their relationship with galleries to sell their work and promote their work, but with the advent of social media, Lehun notes that this may not be to every artists’ benefit. Diversification has become key to audience exposure.
Please click here or watch below:
This excerpt is from a larger art panel discussion entitled “Cold Cash, Creative Capital and Other Money Matters of Interest to Arts Professionals” made available by the Clark Hulings Fund For Visual Artists and presented in partnership with the Salmagundi Club to deliver art business programming online.
Finding This Valuable?
Bring more with a gift of any amount. Even small ones help.
- Santa Fe Art Business Summit - January 23, 2017
- Accelerating the Business of Art - December 20, 2016
- Prince: Trailblazer for Artistic Control - April 26, 2016
- Auction Houses: the New Art Business - February 19, 2016
- Estate Planning for Art Collectors - February 18, 2016
- Commissioning Artwork: A Curator’s Perspective - February 18, 2016
- Collecting Relationships - February 18, 2016
- Forecasting a Brighter Future for Artists - January 12, 2016
- Working with Galleries - December 16, 2015
- Building Your Brand and Reputation - December 16, 2015