Guidelines for Art-Business Accelerator Fellowships
Who Should Apply?
Professional painters, sculptors, and artists working on paper who:
- Have had their work exhibited and/or published professionally
- Are pursuing specific opportunities or projects for which business support from CHF would make a substantive difference
- Are United States citizens or permanent residents
- Have not previously been awarded a fellowship or grant from CHF
- Already earn or want to earn their living from the sale of their artwork
Applicants who use photography, film, and/or video will be considered, but these may not be the sole media with which applicants work.
Our 2019 application window has now closed, but our Digital Learning Portal remains open 24/7, and it's chock full of valuable business resources and insights. Check out all of the publicly available content and sign up at the Colleague level to join our community of artists. Or better yet, register at the Member, Entrepreneur, or Executive level to access a treasure trove of art-business resources.
CHF does not give preference to any particular movement, style, or art-world trend; all painters, sculptors, and artists working on paper are eligible.
How to Qualify for Year One of the Accelerator
CHF will choose 20 artists to participate in our Art-Business Accelerator Program based on:
- The content of an artist’s complete application
- A demonstrable commitment to actively managing his/her business
How to Qualify for Year Two of the Accelerator
A subset of artists from among the program’s first-year participants will be selected to continue with the program's second year, based on the following criteria:
- Compliance with CHF's participation and reporting requirements (see below)
- The strength of the Investment-Grade Proposals that participants build during year one of the Accelerator
CHF partners with CallforEntry.org (CaFÉ) to manage the application process. Artists must register with CaFÉ to view our application, and they must also do the following:
- Complete the entire online application (All questions are mandatory unless otherwise indicated.)
- Pay the $35 application fee by credit card through CaFÉ
- Provide a resume/CV and up to ten images of their work (OPTIONAL: Artists may also submit supporting materials, if relevant---e.g., letter of intent from a gallery, commission statement, referrals, references, etc.)
- Designate two work samples for potential use in a CHF bio, press materials, and online catalogue (CHF will determine which artists are included in the latter.)
- Submit the application by midnight MDT on the date of the deadline. (Applications that are incomplete, late, or submitted without work samples will not be reviewed.)
Participation and Reporting Requirements
Accelerator participants will receive an agreement letter explaining the terms and conditions of the program, which include:
- Attending and actively participating in the year-long web-based course (including workshops, labs, and 1:1 consultations)
- Offering feedback on the course via online post-workshop surveys
- Participating in CHF’s interview program (which is done by phone/web)
- Providing CHF with a high-resolution headshot
- Sending the CHF team regular updates on their work and upcoming exhibitions/events
This agreement letter must be signed, and all participation and reporting requirements must be completed, before a participant is considered to have successfully completed year one of our Art-Business Accelerator Program.
Those participants who are chosen to continue with year two will be asked to sign an agreement that outlines any additional participating and reporting requirements they must meet.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org