Tim Kennedy is a representational painter who works to present still lifes, figures, and landscapes with immediacy and intimacy. He is also Senior Lecturer at Indiana University Bloomington and was a 2014 winner of the Clark Hulings Fund Grant. He was born in Buffalo, NY and did his MFA at Brooklyn College CUNY. Articles on his paintings have appeared in American Artist and Watercolor magazines. Tim helps us understand….
- The Role of Project Funding in Boosting an Art Career
- Creating a Well Defined Project Proposal for a Grant Application
- Being a Visual Artist in a Photographic World (e.g. Instagram)
- Coops and Other Gallery Relationships
- The Challenges of Large Pieces
- Insider Keys to an Effective Grant Proposal
Listen now, or download and take this 42min episode with you on your phone or mobile device. Tim’s website is timkennedypaintings.com.
You can also see the video on challenges of “working large”.
If you’re an arts industry professional, collector, or business specialist, or a working artist who would like to be interviewed, visit our Teach and Learn page.
If you find this content valuable and want to foster even more material like this, even a modest donation is meaningful: click here.
Finding This Valuable?
Bring more with a gift of any amount. Even small ones help.
- Office Hours for Artist Entrepreneurs - September 18, 2018
- eBay and The Ingredients of a Successful Artrepreneur - September 13, 2018
- Generate Powerful Publicity: A Sistine Chapel Mindset – Todd Scalise - August 16, 2018
- How Your Brand Story Translates to Sales - August 13, 2018
- Business Accelerator Application Announced - August 9, 2018
- Dallas-Fort Worth Art Business Summit Announced - June 19, 2018
- “Mightier Marketing for Visual Artists” Presentation at Artexpo New York - April 14, 2018
- “Artist as Entrepreneur: Becoming the CEO of Your Life” Panel at stARTup Art Fair - January 12, 2018
- Second Annual Art Business Summit Announced - December 14, 2017
- Year Two of Business-Development Forum for Professional Visual Artists - November 28, 2017