Tim Kennedy is a representational painter who works to present still lifes, figures, and landscapes with immediacy and intimacy. He is also Senior Lecturer at Indiana University Bloomington and was a 2014 winner of the Clark Hulings Fund Grant. He was born in Buffalo, NY and did his MFA at Brooklyn College CUNY. Articles on his paintings have appeared in American Artist and Watercolor magazines. Tim helps us understand….
- The Role of Project Funding in Boosting an Art Career
- Creating a Well Defined Project Proposal for a Grant Application
- Being a Visual Artist in a Photographic World (e.g. Instagram)
- Coops and Other Gallery Relationships
- The Challenges of Large Pieces
- Insider Keys to an Effective Grant Proposal
Listen now, or download and take this 42min episode with you on your phone or mobile device. Tim’s website is timkennedypaintings.com.
You can also see the video on challenges of “working large”.
If you’re an arts industry professional, collector, or business specialist, or a working artist who would like to be interviewed, visit our Teach and Learn page.
If you find this content valuable and want to foster even more material like this, even a modest donation is meaningful: click here.
Finding This Valuable?
Bring more with a gift of any amount. Even small ones help.
- These Artists Graduated Training But are Entrepreneurs for Life - February 18, 2020
- Instagram the Artists’ Way—A Measured Approach that’s Actually Fun - December 19, 2019
- Data Science in the Arts: Report on the Working Artist—Lily Dulberg - November 20, 2019
- Getting Your Art-Business Project to Market—The Viability Shark Tank - November 13, 2019
- CHF Discovers Secret Sauce for Visual Artists’ Entrepreneurial Success - October 16, 2019
- CHF Panel Presents “Artist as Entrepreneur: Becoming the CEO of your life” - October 10, 2019
- CHF Adds Two New Advisory Board Members - October 4, 2019
- Infiltrate the Business World in the Name of Art—Noah Scalin - August 16, 2019
- Transparency is Transforming the Art Market—CHF Interviews Bill Fine - August 13, 2019
- CHF Announces Virginia Art-Business Conference - July 10, 2019