Alan J. Cohen, the Senior Vice President of Wealth Management at UBS Financial Services Inc., discusses strategies artists need when looking toward the future, specifically, their retirement. He recommends setting aside money from art sales on an annual basis and placing that into a Defined Benefit Plan or an IRA. Too many artists don’t plan for the future and wish they had, so he advises starting early.
Please click here or watch below:
This excerpt is from a larger art panel discussion entitled “Cold Cash, Creative Capital and Other Money Matters of Interest to Arts Professionals” made available by the Clark Hulings Fund For Visual Artists and presented in partnership with the Salmagundi Club to deliver art business programming online.
Finding This Valuable?
Bring more with a gift of any amount. Even small ones help.
- Santa Fe Art Business Summit - January 23, 2017
- Accelerating the Business of Art - December 20, 2016
- Prince: Trailblazer for Artistic Control - April 26, 2016
- Auction Houses: the New Art Business - February 19, 2016
- Commissioning Artwork: A Curator’s Perspective - February 18, 2016
- Estate Planning for Art Collectors - February 18, 2016
- Collecting Relationships - February 18, 2016
- Forecasting a Brighter Future for Artists - January 12, 2016
- Working with Galleries - December 16, 2015
- Building Your Brand and Reputation - December 16, 2015