Raising capital for your budding business just became delicious. FEAST Miami, a grassroots organization is cooking up an arts revolution, holding vegan dinners that micro-fund arts ventures—And chef Loren Pulitzer is the one behind the scenes, cooking up the revolution.
Here’s how it works: you and your friends pay what you can to sit down for a vegan dinner at a leading Miami arts venue. Local artists then pitch their project or business to the crowd. After the meal, you have the chance to vote for your favorite proposal. The winning artist goes home with the proceeds of the dinner as seed money.
“It’s hard to get funding for individual artists and even for small arts organizations,” says FEAST Miami Co-founder Susan Caraballo, “We’re offering something to fill that niche.”
To read the entire article on Our City Thoughts, click here.
*excerpt and image from Our City Thoughts website
- Hook—Hack—Health: A Successful Art Business is a Balancing Act - July 24, 2019
- Boosting Artists, Our Non-Obsolete Workforce - February 25, 2019
- Safety Nets are Dangerous - August 30, 2018
- Art Lights the Way - July 11, 2018
- How to Identify Your Life’s Work - August 11, 2017
- Elizabeth’s Business Breakdown - August 2, 2017
- Avoiding Reality, One Formula at a Time - May 18, 2017
- How Not to Drive Off a Cliff - March 13, 2017
- What IS Visual Art? - January 16, 2017
- Vision and Elbow Grease are the Real Trump Cards - December 15, 2016