Check out some of the things that have been on CHF’s easel these past two weeks:
- CHF-FUNDED SHOW OPENS IN NJ. On June 4th, the Montclair Art Museum celebrated the opening of an exhibition that CHF helped to fund. Infrastructure, an installation by 2014 grantee Dannielle Tegeder, consists of three elements—a large-scale mobile (see right), a wall installation, and a series of video animations—and was partly inspired by the artist’s childhood, growing up in a family of steamfitters.
- THE POWER OF ‘AND’. In her latest CHF column, financial expert Elaine Grogan Luttrull encourages artists to cultivate business opportunities by understanding their broad skill sets, and articulating their unique value proposition. “We don’t have to be limited to just one thing,” she writes, “and we shouldn’t allow ourselves to be pigeon-holed into a tiny sliver of the industry.”
- DEMYSTIFYING BUSINESS STRATEGY. Veteran business consultant (and CHF Director) Elizabeth Hulings is putting the final touches on the Business Accelerator Workshop she’ll be leading next week for CHF grant recipients and finalists. Her session on business strategy will cover topics such as planning, operations, and relationship management.
Want to live in a world filled with art?
Help CHF turn working artists into thriving artists.
- Balancing the Demands of Being a Working Artist—Deb Slowey - June 13, 2019
- CHF Responds to The New York Times - June 2, 2019
- The Key Role of Artists in Transforming Our Communities—W.C. Richardson - May 6, 2019
- DC Area Artists Get Down to Business - April 5, 2019
- Pairing Art with Buyers—CHF Interviews Joyce Creiger - April 12, 2019
- A Weekend of Art-Business Education and Inspiration - March 26, 2019
- Creating and Disseminating Public Art Internationally—CHF Interviews Nina Colosi - March 25, 2019
- Tighten Your Sales Strategy and Refuse to Compromise - March 20, 2019
- Determining Where You Belong in the Art Industry—Donna Lee Nyzio - April 9, 2019
- The #1 Reason Artists Should Visit the DC Area This Month - March 1, 2019