When asked how to turn first-time buyers into collectors, P.A. Nisbet and Constance Scopelitis share how they engage with customers, relying on natural and organic communication over techniques to “make” collectors. Though their responses differ, both P.A. and Constance encourage respecting collectors and customers and recognize the need to slowly build relationship over time.
Please click here or watch below:
This excerpt is from a larger art panel discussion called “Reaching Art Collectors: An Art Panel Discussion” presented by the Arts Council of Indianapolis and made available by the Clark Hulings Fund For Visual Artists.
This panel discussion was moderated by Shannon Linker, Vice President of the Arts Council of Indianapolis, and offers special thanks to our panelists: H.David Wright, Krystii Melaine, P.A. Nisbet, and Constance Scopelitis.
Learn more about how you can partner with the Clark Hulings Fund for Visual Artists on similar events! Please let us know your thoughts on this panel discussion by commenting below, or feel free to follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Finding This Valuable?
Bring more with a gift of any amount. Even small ones help.
- Santa Fe Art Business Summit - January 23, 2017
- Accelerating the Business of Art - December 20, 2016
- Prince: Trailblazer for Artistic Control - April 26, 2016
- Auction Houses: the New Art Business - February 19, 2016
- Commissioning Artwork: A Curator’s Perspective - February 18, 2016
- Estate Planning for Art Collectors - February 18, 2016
- Collecting Relationships - February 18, 2016
- Forecasting a Brighter Future for Artists - January 12, 2016
- Working with Galleries - December 16, 2015
- Building Your Brand and Reputation - December 16, 2015