The Clark Hulings Fund Presents “Artists Taking Charge of Their Business,” a Panel at stARTup Art Fair, Saturday, February 16
Los Angeles, CA – The Clark Hulings Fund (CHF), which helps professional visual artists compete in an increasingly complex marketplace by providing them with strategic business support and training, is bringing its message of artist empowerment to stARTup Art Fair Los Angeles with a panel on Saturday February 16, at 4pm, at the Kinney Venice Beach hotel, 737 Washington Blvd, Venice, CA 90292.
Entitled “Artists Taking Charge of their Business,” the panel will be moderated by LA Weekly Arts Editor Shana Nys Dambrot, and will feature Gregg Chadwick, artist and 2018 CHF Art-Business Accelerator Fellow, Steve Pruneau, an agile program manager, CHF board member, and founder of the management consulting firm Free Agent Source, and Pixels.com-featured artist Jabu.
CHF has organized this panel to discuss how artists can take charge of their business in today’s art market. With gallery disintermediation, social media, and other modern concerns, how can artists take advantage of new ways to reach collectors, show their work, and run their art business to maximize both their vision and their bottom line?
“We are excited to continue our partnership with the stARTup Art Fair,” notes Elizabeth Hulings, CHF’s founder and executive director. “We love that they are so aligned with our mission of helping artists become self-sustaining entrepreneurs.”
“CHF’s panel in LA last year was so informative,” says stARTup Art Fair Founder Ray Beldner, adding, “we’re thrilled that they are able to bring their unique message to our fair since our goal is also to empower artists’ success outside of the gallery system.”
The stARTup Art Fair takes place from February 15-17, concurrent with a number of other exciting art events in LA, including Frieze Los Angeles at Paramount Pictures Studios, and Art Los Angeles Contemporary at The Barker Hangar, at the Venice-adjacent Santa Monica Airport.
- Infiltrate the Business World in the Name of Art—Noah Scalin - August 16, 2019
- Transparency is Transforming the Art Market—CHF Interviews Bill Fine - August 13, 2019
- CHF Announces Virginia Art-Business Conference - July 10, 2019
- CHF Announces Its 3rd Annual Art-Business Conference in Santa Fe - June 27, 2019
- CHF Presents A Thriving Art Exchange Virtual Town Hall - March 21, 2019
- Artists Are Solving Atomic-Level Problems—Cyndi Conn - July 11, 2019
- Classical Skills for Modern Art Careers: The Case for Training and Tradition—Mandy Theis - June 14, 2019
- What the Heck Happens at These Things? - June 10, 2019
- Fearlessly Take On The Big Daddy Ugly Goal—Willy Bo Richardson - May 29, 2019
- Sales Conversations: Don’t Fix Everything - May 16, 2019