The Clark Hulings Fund Presents “Artist as Entrepreneur: Becoming the CEO of your life,” a Panel at stARTup Art Fair, Saturday, October 12
Houston, TX – The Clark Hulings Fund (CHF), which helps professional visual artists compete in an increasingly complex marketplace by providing them with strategic business support and training, is bringing its message of artist empowerment to stARTup Art Fair Houston with a panel on Saturday October 12, at 4:30pm, at the Hotel Icon, 220 Main Street, Houston, TX 77002.
Entitled “Artist as Entrepreneur: Becoming the CEO of your life,” the panel will be moderated stARTup Art Fair founder Ray Beldner, and will feature Adreon Henry an Austin based artist and 2019 CHF Art-Business Accelerator Fellow, Susan Morrow, a Dallas based strategic communications consultant and the chair of CHF’s advisory board, and Startup Art Fair exhibitor, Little Rock-based artist Jeff Horton.
CHF has organized this panel to discuss how artists can take charge of their businesses in today’s art market. With gallery disintermediation, social media, and other modern concerns, how can artists take advantage of new ways to reach collectors, show their work, and run their art business to maximize both their vision and their bottom line?
“We’ve been working with the stARTup Art Fair for almost two years now, and are happy to partner with them again for their inaugural Houston event,” notes Elizabeth Hulings, CHF’s Co-Founder and Executive Director. “We love that they are so aligned with our mission of helping artists become self-sustaining entrepreneurs, and are looking forward to expanding our partnership with them even further.”
“CHF’s panels at our Los Angeles events have been so informative,” says stARTup Art Fair Founder Ray Beldner, adding, “we’re thrilled that they are able to bring their unique message to our fair since our goal is also to empower artists’ success outside of the gallery system. We are looking forward to planning other ways we can work together to help artists succeed as entrepreneurs.”
The stARTup Art Fair takes place from October 11-13, at the Hotel Icon, 220 Main Street, Houston, TX 77002 concurrent with Texas Contemporary, just three blocks away.
- Data Science in the Arts: Report on the Working Artist—Lily Dulberg - November 20, 2019
- Getting Your Art-Business Project to Market—The Viability Shark Tank - November 13, 2019
- CHF Discovers Secret Sauce for Visual Artists’ Entrepreneurial Success - October 16, 2019
- CHF Panel Presents “Artist as Entrepreneur: Becoming the CEO of your life” - October 10, 2019
- CHF Adds Two New Advisory Board Members - October 4, 2019
- Infiltrate the Business World in the Name of Art—Noah Scalin - August 16, 2019
- Transparency is Transforming the Art Market—CHF Interviews Bill Fine - August 13, 2019
- CHF Announces Virginia Art-Business Conference - July 10, 2019
- CHF Announces Its 3rd Annual Art-Business Conference in Santa Fe - June 27, 2019
- CHF Presents A Thriving Art Exchange Virtual Town Hall - March 21, 2019