RELEASE: The Clark Hulings Fund for Visual Artists Names 2014 Grant Recipients and Finalists
(November 2014) — The Clark Hulings Fund (CHF) is pleased to announce that Tim Kennedy and Dannielle Tegeder have been named the fund’s 2014 grant recipients, awarding each artist $5,000 to cover targeted business expenses.
Kennedy likes to paint large pictures from life. The immediacy and intimacy of his paintings is one pay-off for working on canvases of up to six feet across, but large paintings also present special transportation and exhibition challenges. CHF is supporting Kennedy’s exhibition of portraits, landscapes, and figure compositions at First Street Gallery in New York.
Tegeder is a painter who is exploring large-scale installations, sculptural objects, video, sound, and animation. CHF will be supporting two of her projects in 2015, a site-specific installation of drawings at Real Art Ways in Hartford, Connecticut (May – August 2015), and a public wall mural with sculptural elements containing glass, mirror, and tile for the Montclair Art Museum in New Jersey (September 2015).
Due to the many terrific applications received, the fund also named eight finalists this year, nearly double last year’s total. Please visit CHF’s website to find out more about the grant program, view bios of all grant recipients and finalists, and see images of their work.
- Lock Down Your Rights to Your Own Art—Emily Danchuk, Esq. - February 18, 2019
- Make the Gig Economy Work for You—Angela Heath - January 23, 2019
- Getting to Emerging Artist Status and Beyond—Bonnie Clearwater - January 11, 2019
- We’ve Built a Learning Community for Artist-Entrepreneurs - December 15, 2018
- CHF Announces 16 Artist Fellows 2019 Art-Business Accelerator - December 12, 2018
- Leverage Your Non-Art Expertise for a Career Blueprint—Kristin LeVier - December 4, 2018
- Break Down Your Business Goals into Actionable Steps - December 3, 2018
- The Thriving Artist™ Podcast is a Portable Business Education - November 24, 2018
- The CHF “Road Show”: Coming to a City Near You - November 15, 2018
- CHF Announces Art-Business Conference in the Washington DC Metro Area - November 13, 2018