RELEASE: The Clark Hulings Fund for Visual Artists Names 2014 Grant Recipients and Finalists
(November 2014) — The Clark Hulings Fund (CHF) is pleased to announce that Tim Kennedy and Dannielle Tegeder have been named the fund’s 2014 grant recipients, awarding each artist $5,000 to cover targeted business expenses.
Kennedy likes to paint large pictures from life. The immediacy and intimacy of his paintings is one pay-off for working on canvases of up to six feet across, but large paintings also present special transportation and exhibition challenges. CHF is supporting Kennedy’s exhibition of portraits, landscapes, and figure compositions at First Street Gallery in New York.
Tegeder is a painter who is exploring large-scale installations, sculptural objects, video, sound, and animation. CHF will be supporting two of her projects in 2015, a site-specific installation of drawings at Real Art Ways in Hartford, Connecticut (May – August 2015), and a public wall mural with sculptural elements containing glass, mirror, and tile for the Montclair Art Museum in New Jersey (September 2015).
Due to the many terrific applications received, the fund also named eight finalists this year, nearly double last year’s total. Please visit CHF’s website to find out more about the grant program, view bios of all grant recipients and finalists, and see images of their work.
- Sales Conversations: Don’t Fix Everything - May 16, 2019
- How to Sell More Art? An Unexpected Answer - May 12, 2019
- If You Build It, They Will Ignore It. Unless… - May 9, 2019
- What Literary Artists Can Learn from Visual Artists - April 25, 2019
- Professionals Need Not Apply—Originals Only - April 8, 2019
- CHF Panel Presents “Artists Taking Charge of Their Business” - March 21, 2019
- What Not To Do When Outsourcing Your Business - March 12, 2019
- Being My Own CEO: How I Modified My Mentality, Conversations, and Culture - March 19, 2019
- Tighten Your Sales Strategy, Then Refuse to Compromise—Donna Lee Nyzio - March 12, 2019
- The Truth and BS About Outsourcing Large Chunks of Your Business - February 23, 2019