RELEASE: The Clark Hulings Fund for Visual Artists Names 2014 Grant Recipients and Finalists
(November 2014) — The Clark Hulings Fund (CHF) is pleased to announce that Tim Kennedy and Dannielle Tegeder have been named the fund’s 2014 grant recipients, awarding each artist $5,000 to cover targeted business expenses.
Kennedy likes to paint large pictures from life. The immediacy and intimacy of his paintings is one pay-off for working on canvases of up to six feet across, but large paintings also present special transportation and exhibition challenges. CHF is supporting Kennedy’s exhibition of portraits, landscapes, and figure compositions at First Street Gallery in New York.
Tegeder is a painter who is exploring large-scale installations, sculptural objects, video, sound, and animation. CHF will be supporting two of her projects in 2015, a site-specific installation of drawings at Real Art Ways in Hartford, Connecticut (May – August 2015), and a public wall mural with sculptural elements containing glass, mirror, and tile for the Montclair Art Museum in New Jersey (September 2015).
Due to the many terrific applications received, the fund also named eight finalists this year, nearly double last year’s total. Please visit CHF’s website to find out more about the grant program, view bios of all grant recipients and finalists, and see images of their work.
- Infiltrate the Business World in the Name of Art—Noah Scalin - August 16, 2019
- Transparency is Transforming the Art Market—CHF Interviews Bill Fine - August 13, 2019
- CHF Announces Virginia Art-Business Conference - July 10, 2019
- CHF Announces Its 3rd Annual Art-Business Conference in Santa Fe - June 27, 2019
- CHF Presents A Thriving Art Exchange Virtual Town Hall - March 21, 2019
- Artists Are Solving Atomic-Level Problems—Cyndi Conn - July 11, 2019
- Classical Skills for Modern Art Careers: The Case for Training and Tradition—Mandy Theis - June 14, 2019
- What the Heck Happens at These Things? - June 10, 2019
- Fearlessly Take On The Big Daddy Ugly Goal—Willy Bo Richardson - May 29, 2019
- Sales Conversations: Don’t Fix Everything - May 16, 2019