How does an artist build their reputation and brand? For H. David Wright, nearly a decade of creating private commissions led him to realize that no one within the art industry knew his name because he had been out of the art market for too long due, in part, to his success and popularity. This realization caused him to shift focus. He began showing his work strategically through multiple channels in order to get his name back into the art world and to continue to build his artistic career.
Please click here or watch below:
This excerpt is from a larger art panel discussion called “Reaching Art Collectors: An Art Panel Discussion” presented by the Arts Council of Indianapolis and made available by the Clark Hulings Fund For Visual Artists.
Moderated by Shannon Linker, Vice President of the Arts Council of Indianapolis, we, alongside the Arts Council of Indianapolis, offer our gratitude and appreciation to our panelists: H.David Wright, Krystii Melaine, P.A. Nisbet, and Constance Scopelitis.
Finding This Valuable?
Bring more with a gift of any amount. Even small ones help.
- Santa Fe Art Business Summit - January 23, 2017
- Accelerating the Business of Art - December 20, 2016
- Prince: Trailblazer for Artistic Control - April 26, 2016
- Auction Houses: the New Art Business - February 19, 2016
- Estate Planning for Art Collectors - February 18, 2016
- Commissioning Artwork: A Curator’s Perspective - February 18, 2016
- Collecting Relationships - February 18, 2016
- Forecasting a Brighter Future for Artists - January 12, 2016
- Working with Galleries - December 16, 2015
- Building Your Brand and Reputation - December 16, 2015