Attending events, shows, and parties can help young artists to build relationships with art professionals and collectors, but H. David Wright, Krystii Melaine, and P.A. Nisbet highlight the opportunities that helped them garner authentic connections with collectors and other artists. While each artists recognized different opportunities within their career that broadened their reach and deepened their industry connections, they all agreed that artists have to put themselves out there if they want to sell their work and build their brand.
Please click here or watch the video below:
This excerpt is from a larger art panel discussion called “Reaching Art Collectors: An Art Panel Discussion” presented by the Arts Council of Indianapolis in partnership with the Clark Hulings Fund For Visual Artists.
This panel discussion was moderated by Shannon Linker, Vice President of the Arts Council of Indianapolis.
Finding This Valuable?
Bring more with a gift of any amount. Even small ones help.
- Santa Fe Art Business Summit - January 23, 2017
- Accelerating the Business of Art - December 20, 2016
- Prince: Trailblazer for Artistic Control - April 26, 2016
- Auction Houses: the New Art Business - February 19, 2016
- Commissioning Artwork: A Curator’s Perspective - February 18, 2016
- Estate Planning for Art Collectors - February 18, 2016
- Collecting Relationships - February 18, 2016
- Forecasting a Brighter Future for Artists - January 12, 2016
- Working with Galleries - December 16, 2015
- Building Your Brand and Reputation - December 16, 2015