Writing about yourself and your work isn’t easy, even for those of us who make a living wrangling words, and many visual artists struggle with penning artist statements, social-media posts, and other business communications. In a recent blog post for the website Artsy Shark (which offers artists inspiration and resources on the business of art), I covered three of the most common mistakes that artists make when writing about their artwork and career trajectories.
This is exactly the kind of practical information that CHF provides to the working artists who participate in our Business Accelerator Program. From marketing, sales, and business strategy, to copyright protection and financial planning, our comprehensive program equips professional artists with the business knowledge and tools they need to boost their careers and manage self-sustaining enterprises. It’s not enough to work hard—if you want to make a real living from the art you create, you also need to work smart.
To be a thriving artist and build the career you want, apply for a CHF Business Accelerator Fellowship today! The deadline is this Friday, September 30th.
Finding This Valuable?
Bring more with a gift of any amount. Even small ones help.
- A Weekend of Art-Business Education and Inspiration - March 26, 2019
- DC Area Artists Get Down to Business - April 5, 2019
- Pairing Art with Buyers—CHF Interviews Joyce Creiger - April 12, 2019
- Creating and Disseminating Public Art Internationally, in Real Time—CHF Interviews Nina Colosi - March 25, 2019
- Tighten Your Sales Strategy and Refuse to Compromise - March 20, 2019
- Determining Where You Belong in the Art Industry—Donna Lee Nyzio - April 9, 2019
- The #1 Reason Artists Should Visit the DC Area This Month - March 1, 2019
- CHF Gets South Florida Talking Art Business - February 18, 2019
- Comrades in Art—Accelerator Fellows Stick Together - February 12, 2019
- Elaine Grogan Luttrull—Making Budgets Exciting - February 12, 2019