Richard Lehun, a specialist in fiduciary responsibility at Stropheus Art Law, explains the importance of the Universal Commercial Code (UCC) in cases where title and possession are not clearly defined. Lehun cautions artists who exhibit their artwork to understand their legal rights and to take the measures necessary to protect works that may not be in their possession.
Please click here or on the video below:
This excerpt is from a larger art panel discussion entitled “Cold Cash, Creative Capital and Other Money Matters of Interest to Arts Professionals” made available by the Clark Hulings Fund For Visual Artists and presented in partnership with the Salmagundi Club to deliver art business programming online. If you would like to access the full panel discussion, please click here.
Finding This Valuable?
Bring more with a gift of any amount. Even small ones help.
- Santa Fe Art Business Summit - January 23, 2017
- Accelerating the Business of Art - December 20, 2016
- Prince: Trailblazer for Artistic Control - April 26, 2016
- Auction Houses: the New Art Business - February 19, 2016
- Commissioning Artwork: A Curator’s Perspective - February 18, 2016
- Estate Planning for Art Collectors - February 18, 2016
- Collecting Relationships - February 18, 2016
- Forecasting a Brighter Future for Artists - January 12, 2016
- Working with Galleries - December 16, 2015
- Building Your Brand and Reputation - December 16, 2015