What started as a labor of love for someone’s mother, became a modern tool for art collectors and visual artists. John Feustel is co-founder of Artwork Archive, a cloud-based tool for tracking art inventory and managing consignment records, sales info, and competition history. John’s solution works on any device (phone, tablet, desktop) and takes the worry and hassle out of cataloging a visual artist or art collector’s works/collection, while providing solid financial intelligence and even heat-map based location maps. “Galleries love artists that use Artwork Archive, because it makes the consignment paperwork so easy,’ says Feustel.
The Clark Hulings Fund is sponsoring discounted access to Artwork Archive. Says Elizabeth Hulings, founder of the fund, “I have looked at all kinds of ways to track my father’s work, and I love this product. I’m migrating everything of Clark Hulings onto it.” Because we at the fund feel so strongly that artists can maintain control over their own work only if they track it, Artwork Archive is a natural partner with our mission, and it is the first tool that we’re offering and endorsing. Topics for this podcast include:
- What is Artwork Archive & what does it do?
- Community development and artist-driven design
- Why track your collection?
- How is art displayed in Artwork Archive?
- Privacy and security, backups, exportable data, and device neutrality
- Day in the life of an Art Collector with Artwork Archive
- Day in the life of an Artist with Artwork Archive
- How feedback guides development
- How to get the discount [get the discount here].
John Feustel brings a lot of experience with technologies as well as business, in his own role as a startup founder. Of course, his mother is the visual artist who inspired the tool, and it was she who originally shaped it with her feedback and her own art career. The website for Artwork Archive is artworkarchive.com. If you’re a working artist, feel free to visit our Grants page. If you’re an arts industry professional, collector, or business specialist, or a working artist who would like to be interviewed, visit our Teach and Learn page. As always, even a modest donation is meaningful; and that page is here.
Finding This Valuable?
Bring more with a gift of any amount. Even small ones help.
- “Helping to Push” at the 10th Annual American Masters Show - October 10, 2018
- Office Hours for Artist Entrepreneurs - September 18, 2018
- eBay and The Ingredients of a Successful Artrepreneur - September 13, 2018
- Identifying Pivotal Opportunities for Business Growth – Nadia Fairlamb - October 2, 2018
- How Your Brand Story Translates to Sales - August 13, 2018
- Business Accelerator Application Announced - August 9, 2018
- Dallas-Fort Worth Art Business Summit Announced - June 19, 2018
- “Mightier Marketing for Visual Artists” Presentation at Artexpo New York - April 14, 2018
- “Artist as Entrepreneur: Becoming the CEO of Your Life” Panel at stARTup Art Fair - January 12, 2018
- Second Annual Art Business Summit Announced - December 14, 2017