Friday, January 12, 2018
The Clark Hulings Fund Presents “Artist as Entrepreneur: Becoming the CEO of Your Life” Panel at stARTup Art Fair, Sunday January 28
The Clark Hulings Fund (CHF) which help professional visual artists compete in an increasingly complex marketplace by providing them with strategic business support, training, and targeted financial assistance, are bringing their message of artist empowerment to stARTup Art Fair Los Angeles with a panel on Sunday January 28, at 2:30pm at the Kinney Hotel, 737 Washington Blvd, Venice, CA 90292.
The panel, entitled “Artist as Entrepreneur: Becoming the CEO of Your Life,” will be moderated by stARTup Art Fair Founder Ray Beldner, and will feature 2018 Clark Hulings Fund Business Accelerator Artist Fellows Juliana Coles and Gregg Chadwick, and Steve Pruneau, an agile program manager, CHF board member, and founder of the management consulting firm Free Agent Source, to delve into what it takes to move an artist’s goal from theory to already accomplished.
“We are so excited to work with the stARTup Art Fair!” notes Elizabeth Hulings, CHF’s founder and executive director. “We love that they are so aligned with our mission of helping artists become self-sustaining entrepreneurs.”
“We had been noticing what CHF was up to from some time,” says stARTup Art Fair Founder Ray Beldner. Adding, “we’re thrilled that they are able to bring their unique message to our fair, since our goal is also to empower artist’s success outside of the gallery system.”
The stARTup Art Fair takes place from January 26-28, concurrent with a number of other exciting art events in LA, including Art Contemporary Los Angeles at Barker Hanger, and More Art Here at the Santa Monica Art Studios, both at the Venice adjacent Santa Monica Airport.
CHF Fellow Gregg Chadwick is also producing a panel at More Art Here entitled “#Me Too – Art and Feminism Now” on Saturday, January 27 at 1pm. A free shuttle from More Art Here and the stARTup Art Fair will run hourly throughout the weekend.
About The Clark Hulings Fund
The Clark Hulings Fund (CHF) helps professional visual artists compete in an increasingly complex marketplace by providing them with strategic business training and support, regardless of the styles or movements in which they work. CHF also brings together artists, collectors, curators, and other industry experts to share knowledge and build an artistic community that benefits all.
About stARTup Art Fair
stARTup Art Fair is a unique contemporary art fair for independent artists. This intimate, boutique fair provides artists and art enthusiasts with direct access to the art world, fostering new relationships and creating a new exhibition platform for thought-provoking contemporary artwork in three major cities across the country: San Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago.
- CHF Panel Presents “Artists Taking Charge of Their Business” - March 21, 2019
- Tighten Your Sales Strategy, Then Refuse to Compromise—Donna Lee Nyzio - March 12, 2019
- The Truth and BS About Outsourcing Large Chunks of Your Business - February 23, 2019
- Lock Down Your Rights to Your Own Art—Emily Danchuk, Esq. - February 18, 2019
- Make the Gig Economy Work for You—Angela Heath - January 23, 2019
- Getting to Emerging Artist Status and Beyond—Bonnie Clearwater - January 11, 2019
- What Not To Do When Outsourcing Your Business - March 12, 2019
- We’ve Built a Learning Community for Artist-Entrepreneurs - December 15, 2018
- CHF Announces 16 Artist Fellows 2019 Art-Business Accelerator - December 12, 2018
- Leverage Your Non-Art Expertise for a Career Blueprint—Kristin LeVier - December 4, 2018