We all share a planet. Frank Juliano is Executive Director of Reeves-Reed Arboretum in Summit, New Jersey. He makes it his mission to bring innovation and community building to all aspects of the Arboretum’s programming and operation. He is well known in visual art circles for his curation of exhibitions at the Arboretum’s Wisner House and gardens. He lives in New York and studied Music, Theatre, and Dance at SUNY New Paltz before turning to his current career in non-profit management.
- Crossing over from performer to curator/talent acquisition
- Going in for the money: reflection and authenticity
- Art as social consciousness and means to a social end
- Purpose of art as transformative
- Stewardship of the planet
- Making art and curriculum interactive
- Curation: choosing artists
- Effective art curation
- Collaboration between artists as a career path
- Balancing mission with money
- Market savvy art pricing
- The usefulness of mistakes
- Why go to Summit, New Jersey!
Information about the Arboretum is here: reeves-reedarboretum.org
If you find this content valuable and want to foster even more material like this, a modest donation would be very meaningful: click here.
Finding This Valuable?
Bring more with a gift of any amount. Even small ones help.
- These Artists Graduated Training But are Entrepreneurs for Life - February 18, 2020
- Instagram the Artists’ Way—A Measured Approach that’s Actually Fun - December 19, 2019
- Data Science in the Arts: Report on the Working Artist—Lily Dulberg - November 20, 2019
- Getting Your Art-Business Project to Market—The Viability Shark Tank - November 13, 2019
- CHF Discovers Secret Sauce for Visual Artists’ Entrepreneurial Success - October 16, 2019
- CHF Panel Presents “Artist as Entrepreneur: Becoming the CEO of your life” - October 10, 2019
- CHF Adds Two New Advisory Board Members - October 4, 2019
- Infiltrate the Business World in the Name of Art—Noah Scalin - August 16, 2019
- Transparency is Transforming the Art Market—CHF Interviews Bill Fine - August 13, 2019
- CHF Announces Virginia Art-Business Conference - July 10, 2019