The Clark Hulings Fund for Visual Artists Announces Its Art-Business Conference in Fort Lauderdale, February 1-2, 2019
Fort Lauderdale, Florida – The Clark Hulings Fund for Visual Artists (CHF) is excited to announce its Art-Business Conference in Fort Lauderdale, an event that seeks to inspire visual artists to “Conquer the Changing Marketplace.” This weekend-long business- development workshop will give professional working artists the chance to take a deep dive into the business side of their art careers. Scheduled for February 1 and 2, 2019, the event is funded in part by the Broward County Board of County Commissioners through the Broward Cultural Council. The two-day conference is co-sponsored by ArtServe, an active incubator for Broward County’s growing art community.
The event manifests CHF’s assertion that “Art is a business and artists should run it.” With the art market undergoing rapid and significant change—not only with regard to technology but also HOW art is marketed, bought, and sold—artists need to reclaim their rightful position at the center of the industry. The Art-Business Conference will help them to take charge of their careers, captivate their audience, maximize the extraordinary professional advantages they already possess and sell their art effectively and profitably.
Topics will include building an action plan, creating a brand story, rocking their portfolio, multiplying revenue streams, pricing for profit, selling art online effectively, building a strong support team, squashing resistance, sales strategies, and much more. All sessions are interactive, allowing artists to work together and engage conference leaders with their specific business questions.
The program will be led by Elizabeth Hulings, CHF director and co-founder; Carolyn Edlund, CHF sales director, and events manager; and Daniel DiGriz, CHF education director. “South Florida has emerged as an important art hub,” says Hulings. “We are thrilled to be delivering tangible business skills and training in this exciting market.”
The event fee is $395, but CHF is offering an extra early-bird price of $295, until November 15, and an early-bird price of $345 until January 1, 2019, when the regular price of $395 starts. Tickets are available here. In addition to conference admission, ticket holders will receive one year of “Colleague”-level access to CHF’s Business Accelerator Portal, a comprehensive online learning resource for working artists.
- Leverage Your Non-Art Expertise for a Career Blueprint—Kristin LeVier - December 4, 2018
- Break Down Your Business Goals into Actionable Steps - December 3, 2018
- The Thriving Artist™ Podcast is a Portable Business Education - November 24, 2018
- The CHF “Road Show”: Coming to a City Near You - November 15, 2018
- CHF Announces Art-Business Conference in the Washington DC Metro Area - November 13, 2018
- Getting Art Into Hotels and Corporate Spaces—Rachel Berg - November 7, 2018
- CHF Announces Its Art-Business Conference in Fort Lauderdale - October 26, 2018
- CHF Brings Artist Empowerment to Figurative Art Convention & Expo - October 31, 2018
- “Helping to Push” at the 10th Annual American Masters Show - October 10, 2018
- Office Hours for Artist Entrepreneurs - September 18, 2018