This Month at CHF
April was a tremendous month for CHF, as we engaged with working artists from coast to coast—talking “Mightier Marketing” at Artexpo New York, women in the arts at stARTup Art Fair San Francisco, and career acceleration at our Art Business Summit in Santa Fe. CHF is leading the charge in entrepreneurial education for artists, and these boots-on-the-ground events are a key part of our approach, complementing the expertise and training we provide virtually, and bringing artists together to collaborate. Join us at our next art business summit, in Dallas, on September 8th and 9th!
Funding Your Art Business: This month on our podcast, Alice Loy, the co-founder and CEO of Creative Startups, takes us on a deep dive into entrepreneurship for creative professionals, offering a bird’s-eye view of the state of the creative economy and sharing her practical insights on starting a business from square one. Listen here.
Getting Organized: When should you start tracking your art inventory? Find out what Justin Anthony, Artwork Archive’s co-founder, has to say about the organizational needs of artists and collectors in this month’s Spotlight On interview. Read the Q&A here.
Bookmark This Page: While you’re on our Learning Portal, explore the full archive, where you’ll find valuable information about how to market “difficult” art, secure the right representation for your work, improve your sales skills, and much, much more.
Don’t Miss These Art Events: In addition to our own summits and panels, our events page showcases the artists who are part of CHF’s Business Accelerator Program. Check out the exceptional art that’s being created by these entrepreneurial innovators. To find an event near you, sort our listings by region.
The Start of Something Big: Did you attend one of our events this month? Build on your momentum by joining (or establishing) an Artist Federation chapter near you to develop a powerful peer network, and keep up with the latest by connecting with us on social media.
- What Media Resource Has Helped Your Business? - May 18, 2018
- Getting Down to Business – April 2018 newsletter - April 30, 2018
- Alex Mathers - May 8, 2018
- “Continuous learning makes a great CEO… – March 2018 newsletter - March 30, 2018
- Artwork Archive - April 12, 2018
- Galvanize the Industry – February 2018 newsletter - February 27, 2018
- CHF Panel Discussion at StARTup Art Fair LA - February 22, 2018
- Advanced Fellowships Awarded - December 7, 2017
- Who Defines the Professional Artist’s Career Trajectory? - February 6, 2018
- “I’m not into that finance stuff” – January 2018 newsletter - January 31, 2018